Medicare Health Plans and Prescription Drug Plans

If you will have or if you currently have Medicare Parts A and B, you should know that you are not fully covered.  Medicare Parts A and B are designed to cover approximately 80% of Medicare-covered service costs and you are generally required to pay the remaining 20%. There is not an annual out-of-pocket maximum, meaning there is not an upper limit you could be liable for in any calendar-year.
 
Medicare Parts A and B also do not cover: most dental care, routine eye examinations, hearing aids and prescription drugs you may need from a pharmacy.
Medicare Advantage (Part C) Plans, Medicare Prescription Drug (Part D) Plans, and Medicare Supplement (Medigap) Plans are all plan options available to many people to help cover those remaining costs for services covered under Medicare Part A and Part B.

Medicare Advantage (Part C) Plans

These plans are offered by private insurance companies and are required to cover all services covered by Medicare Part A and B. Many will require you to receive services from network providers except in limited situations. They may include benefits for routine vision care, routine dental care and hearing devices. They frequently include Medicare Prescription Drug coverage (Part D).

Prescription Drug Coverage (Part D)

These plans provide coverage for prescriptions you may need when filled at a pharmacy. Each insurance company offering a Part D plan will create a list of covered medications (formulary) and member copayments can differ between companies and plans.

 

Delaying enrollment in a Part D plan may lead to a Late Enrollment Penalty later on.

Medicare Supplement (Medigap) Policies

There are currently ten standardized Medicare Supplement Insurance (Medigap) Plans to choose from. They provide a range of benefits. In most cases, you can see any provider who will accept Medicare. These plans do not include coverage for routine dental care, routine vision care or outpatient pharmacy benefits (Part D). A separate Part D plan (or other Part D-equivalent prescription drug plan) is highly recommended.

Upcoming Events:

All Medicare Basics seminars and Medicare

Health Plan seminars will have a licensed

independent agent on site.    

R.S.V.P.'s are not required, but appreciated.

Click on the dot to expand description.

 
   

To speak with a licensed independent insurance agent about Medicare health and prescription drug coverage options, call Ferguson Insurance Services at (253) 343-8879 or complete the below form and you will be contacted within 24 hours.

Medicare has neither reviewed nor endorsed this information.

Give us a call day or night, and we’ll be there to lend a hand.

© 2019 by Ferguson Insurance Services, LLC.

Call us: 253-843-6132

Follow us:

  • Facebook Basic